Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Occaquan Va

Sunday Steve and I went the town of occaquan on river. It was a beautiful warm day, probably one of the lasts. We walked down the quaint streets. There are lovely shops and restarants up and down the Main St. It was beautifully decorated for Christmas. The shop owners were so friendly, and welcoming.
We took a walk down the boardwalk to see all the ducks and geese. We had a late lunch at the Virginia Grill we ordered chicken fried steak, service was slow but I think it's just the pace of the town. I read that the ladies room was haunted. Needless to say I stayed away.
I really liked the Irish shop there was a lovely brown and black wrap at the door laying in a wicker basket. I just loved It.It was such a great price $45 there were others that were priced $97 not sure why. I didn't buy it but I wish I had.
It's a beautiful place and worth a many more visits back to explore.

No comments: