Saturday, December 6, 2008

A day at the Opera

Steve and Liz went to John's to see Dave and the family while the brothers are all together in one state. I just had to stay home,usually I jump at the chance to see the family but I really need to clean up from the Thanksgiving weekend. I've got a list of stuff I need to get under control,and two days home to do it. I'm really relieved Steve went without me. I feel so much better when I can keep the house and laundry under control.
Just as I was saying good bye to Steve, Jan called to see if i was free to go to the Opera her friend couldn't go. We saw The elixir of Love a comic opera by Gaetano Donizetti in italian. Dan would have loved it too. The italian part anyway. The stage and costumes were lovely. It's one of the things I asked for for Christmas. Thanks Jan.
I guess I'll work twice as hard tomorrow.

No comments: